Donnerstag, 29. August 2013

Slam swappers meeting in Amsterdam

Like last year there was a slam swapper meeting this year again. :)




This time it was in Amsterdam. The meeting was just "great". We arrived there on Friday midday, where we met everyone at the hostel. Well, due to some transport problems we were the last again, but hey, that always happen when Volker drives somewhere with me. ;) Volker and I stayed on a camping site out of the central city. The first day we walked around the canals and saw the red light district. And in the evening we went to a sushi bar (sadly I couldn't eat there because of my histamin intolerance). And after the dinner we made a little geocaching tour with the teams Gyldenale and i-t. :D And after around 2 hours we finally found a cache. I couldn't believe that there aren't many caches in Amsterdam.


The other day we met at the boat tour. We drove with a boat through the canals which was really interesting (well, before the meeting I didn't know any famous buildings or sightseeing of Amsterdam except the coffee shops). After that we made some pics at the "I amsterdam" sign which is harder to make when you are a group. ;) And the rest of the afternoon we spent in the park sunbathing and signing slams. The guys got little mad so they went geocaching again. ;) And the dinner we took at the Hard Rock Cafe (which isn't very friendly to big groups, also if they reserved the table). And as it is hard to find a good place for 25 people in Amsterdam we let the day end in the hostels bar. :D


I can say I totally liked this weekend, also if I didn't like Amsterdam a lot (it's now at the end of big cities and replaced Paris). But maybe I should visit the city in autumn when there are not that many people around. Too much traffic, too many people.. But it was great to see the girls again (thank you for the weekend!!!) and I'm still sorry for my BAD English.. :( Writing is much more easier then talking. Next time in Vienna I'll do my best. ;)





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen