Dienstag, 13. August 2013

Weekend in the North

This last weekend we spent a weekend in the North, exactly in East Frisia. We visited some friends which we also introduced into geocaching. Before we arrived there we already found our first mystery in their hometown. ;) The next day we drove to an interesting Earth cache "Salt marsh" and we tried to find some caches in Norddeich. Some were easier to find as we already had such caches here in the region.

 

We also visited a Viking market. Sadly it was too windy to wear our medieval clothes. The market was close to the sea, so it was a really nice atmosphere. :D We had some really nice mead there. Well, the owner of stall gave us more and more. ;) We only wanted to taste the honey whisky, but at the end we had tried many other honey drinks, too. Normal mead, lavendel mead, cherry mead ;)



The next day we drove back home. But before we made a last stop at the most leaning tower of the world. Yes, it is in East Frisia. :D And between Emden and Delmenhorst we looked for a TB Hotel. Sadly there was no inhabitant in it, but this TB Hotel was just great. I guess the owner had put a lot of work in it.





Today I forgot to make pictures, but I finally found my first FTFs. I can say I found three FTFs. They were published by a friend of me and it was here in the forest. When I found my first one, our neighbor arrived there, too. She gave me her GPS yesterday as ours is broken again. :( She wanted to make her first FTF, too. But I was little bit faster.






4 Kommentare:

  1. the market looks great :)
    I'd love to see a viking market once! that's definitely one type we haven't got here in Switzerland.
    On the other hand as of this year, I haven't even been to any medieval faire, due to the weather. :(

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. well, if I can say, the viking market wasn't much different from the medieval markets, maybe they are much more different in Scandinavia.. but it was great to be at the sea during the market.. yeah, the weather was too hot.. we've only been to two faires this year.. but next weekend we'll drive to Selb.. :D Garmarna.. :D

      Löschen
  2. How a funny days Solveig! I like so much your "trips report" =) I hope you always will spend beautiful days! Hugs from Sardinia!( I hope you'll visit it too =) It's a nice place to do hiking =)!)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. thank you.. :D and sure, I hope I can visit Sardinia one day, too.. but then if it isn't that hot there.. ;)

      Löschen