Sonntag, 1. September 2013

Holidays in the South

Feldkirch
Oh my, I just saw that I forgot to make a post about our holidays in Austria /Switzerland and at the Lake Constance. But now it'll finally follow.
Schattenburg in Feldkirch
We've been there from the end of June for 10 days. On the first days we've been to Petra (my pal) and her family. We stayed in front of their house in our camper. It was really nice to see Petra and her family again. We've done some trips every day. Sadly we couldn't make any hiking tours in the Alps as the weather was too bad. On our first day we visited Feldkirch (Austria) and made a geocaching tour with them in the town. It is their hometown and it was a good way to make a sightseeing tour out of it. :)
Village around castle Werdenburg
The next day it rained so much that we drove to a museum which was very interesting for the kids. There was a lot with nature and technic.
The next day we've been to Switzerland. We visited the castle Werdenburg which had a really nice medieval village around. And we drove to a really nice viewpoint to see the Alps around. :) Well, the journey on the "little" mountain was already a little adventure. I'm afraid of heights so it was hard for me to drive that high. ;)

Konstanz
The next day we left Petra and her family to drive to Lake Constance. We stayed on a camping site near Constance. I always wanted to see Constance because of the medieval history and I have to say, I really liked the city. We also explored with some geocaches which let us go to places which we would have never visited without geocaching. An old abbey, the oldest quarter of the city with the small streets,... And we crossed the border to Switzerland again. ;)
Konzil in Konstanz
On another day we drove to Meersburg, which is also a nice medieval town. But I liked more the stone age museum in Unteruhldingen. It was so interesting and I've never seen or visited houses like those before.
Unteruhldingen
And we've also made a day trip to the island Mainau. Well, there are a lot of tourists, but at least it is a nice island and it was cooler than at the camping site. ;) But in my opinion I don't need to pay the entrance again as I can have something like that in Hannover, too (also if it isn't an island).



Schaffhausen

And on our last day (we decided to drive back home earlier because of the heat and the mosquitos) we drove again to Switzerland to see the Rheinfall at Schaffhausen. That's really a nice waterfall, but again full of tourists.

I really loved our holiday in the South (we usually don't make trips to the South in summer). And thanks again for Petra that we have stayed at their place. :D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen