Montag, 8. September 2014

Rockfest 2014

Oh, yeah, my first metal festival is over some weeks now. Well, I always avoided big festivals with only metal music. I love metal music, but maybe it is a prejudice, but as a female on a metal festival it is not like funny as a male. ;) I need clean toilets. Yes, I'm a princess in that way. I thought a small festival won't be that bad and I got the tickets as a anniversary gift, so I went on the Rockfest in Herford. The line-up sounded interesting, but as it was coldest weekend in summer and the weather forecast said it will rain most of the time, we decided to go there later. But this later became much later as we drove into a 8 km traffic jam. Argh!
So we arrived when Caliban was already playing. I liked them. It was the first time I saw them live.

The next band was Life of Agony. Hehe, when I got to know that they are playing there, I was like "They still exist?" Guess everyone thought that in that moment. So I wondered how they'll be. And they played all good songs. But I was standing there, always thinking, if that's really Keith Caputo. I thought it was a woman. But Volker told me, yes, it is Keith. Back home I found out, that he became a female "Mina Caputo". So both of us were right. But I liked the show, even if I thought that many didn't like their show.

Then there was Airbourne playing. I've never heard that band. My first thought, they sound a little bit like AC/DC. In that time we were looking for some food. I was surprised to see vegan food as well (hehe, metalheads are not vegan in my mind, but then I remember all the hardcore fans ;) ).

After Airbourne there were Amon Amarth. It was also the first time that I saw them. And so far I only listened to some of there songs and not really intensely. I need to give them a try now. ;) I liked their show.

While Machine Head were building up their stage, it started to rain heavily. You can see us. ;)

And then there was Machine Head. One of my fave bands. It took me 15 years to see them for the first time (they only went on tour in winter or when I was pregnant in 7+ months), so I was veeeery excited to see them for the first time. And I liked the show so much. I couldn't tell you anymore, which songs they played, but I thought it was just too short (70 min or a bit more). I really need to see a normal concert of them one day. :)

All in all, it was a really nice festival, even if the toilets weren't perfect. We met some old friends and just had fun enjoying the bands.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen