Sonntag, 22. Juni 2014

Medieval market in Rahden

Yesterday we were at the medieval market in Rahden. There is a museum of some old houses. So it was just a perfect location for a medieval market. Sadly we were there alone as nobody was interested in that market. But we slipped into our medieval dresses and spent some hours there. They had some delicious food. I tried the feta in bread, we skipped the meat this time as we wanted to make a barbecue in the evening.

Some of the stalls we already knew from markets in Vlotho and Schaumburg. But as we haven't been to the market in Vlotho for such a long time, they were new to us again. ;) I bought some new soaps (Calendula and Verbena). We also wanted to buy an elf or fairy for Thordis, but they were very expensive. Guess that will be one of my new projects. I want to make a fairy out of felt. I have the feeling that they got very popular lately. They are too cute, what do you think?


Only bad point was one of taverns. First we asked what kind of beer it is (and they couldn't really tell) and then they never came back to us to ask what we want to drink. Six women were standing there and 5 of them doing nothing. Why should we scream at them to get a drink when they have nothing to do. So we went to another tavern.


But still it was a very nice market. And I especially liked the one band that was playing there "Waldkauz". They played pagan folk and reminded me a lot on Faun or Omnia. ;) I don't know if they are selling a cd, I need to find out.
So I hope that we can go there again next year, too. :)











Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen